One of my favorite things about being a mom, is seeing the smiles on my girls faces when they are happy. Its even better when I did something to put those smiles there!
Mental health is SO incredibly important, and a child with a loving mama who makes sure he or she feels special each and every day can work wonders for their self esteem. Its also FUN to surprise them with little loving things here and there as well. With Valentine’s Day having passed just a few days ago, I thought I would share a list of things you can do to make your little feel extra loved whenever the mood strikes.
- Write a love note and leave it on their pillow
- Surprise them with their favorite candy or treat
- Come up with a secret “signal” to flash at them when they are too far away to hear you say you love them *My oldest and I hold up the ASL sign for “I love you” at times like this*
- Give them a little foot massage
- Have a special movie night – their choice!
- Do one of their chores for them
- Let them choose dinner
- Do Mad Libs together
- Do a craft they enjoy together
- Play a board game
- Give them a list of the things you love about them
- Hide loving notes in their drawers to find later
- Start a weekly/monthly tradition together
- Have a spa night – give each other facials, manicures and pedicures
- Get a journal to share, and take turns trading it back and forth
- Read to each other
- Leave a note in their lunch bag to find at school
- Say I love you first
- Always be the second to let go of a hug
- Tell some cheesy knock knock jokes
- Have a slumber party in your bed
- Pick a time you have a bit of time to spare, and do whatever it is your child wants to do
- Let them pick a song or music and have a little dance party
- Have a little child/mom date night – at home or out!
- Bake cookies together
- Surprise them with a trip to get ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Sit down together to make a list of date night ideas
- Go for a walk together
- Come up with a scavenger hunt to do together
- Make plans to watch a meteor shower together when there is one – even if it means waking your child up in the middle of the night!
Make sure to grab my *free* printable here to come up with some date night ideas with your kiddos!